Micro-credentials are a flexible, affordable way to start or continue your professional development journey. You can earn a digital badge for each micro-credential program you complete, or you can complete all 7 micro-credential programs to receive your Health Literacy Specialist Certificate.
WHY the HLS Certificate Program
The HLS Certificate Program puts you on the right track to achieve personal growth and become part or the solution for health equity through health literacy.
Achieve personal growth and credibility by:
- Demonstrating your knowledge, staying up to date on evidence-based health literacy content, and filling in any gaps in your industry knowledge.
- Gaining the confidence to serve as a subject matter expert leading the effort to infuse health literacy into all aspects of your organization.
Become part of the solution to:
- Lower rates of hospitalization, medication error, and death by improving health literacy across your healthcare organization.
- Establish strong relationships with patients, resulting in better patient adherence to prescribed medications and stronger patient/provider partnerships.
- Facilitate the development of disease management, case management, care transition programs, and other quality initiatives that are successful with all patients.
The HLS Certificate Program comes to you from the Institute for Healthcare Advancement, the leader in health literacy. To further fulfill the IHA mission to empower people to better health, the HLS Certificate Program is the result of a collaboration between IHA, Prometric, and a panel of multidisciplinary SMEs to develop an up-to-date evidence- and assessment-based product.