Original writing services for print, web, and video
We work closely with subject matter experts and cultural brokers from your target community to create motivational print and multimedia materials that meet your clients’ needs.
Our team has developed award-winning brochures, booklets, workbooks, curricula, health promotion campaigns, and multimedia products on myriad health topics including:
- Blood disorders
- Food poisoning
- Heart disease
- Lyme disease
- Overactive bladder
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Sickle cell disease
- Adolescent and school health
- Alcohol abuse prevention
- Antibiotic resistance
- Breast feeding
- Cancer prevention
- Childhood Illnesses and injuries
- Clinical trials
- Dental health
- Diabetes prevention
- Early childhood development
- Food safety
- Healthy weight
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Injury, violence, and safety
- Mental health
- Overweight and obesity
- Physical activity and exercise
- Senior health
- Sexual health
- Smoking and tobacco use
- Stroke prevention
- Teen health and well-being
- Vaccines and immunizations
- Hurricane safety
- Dog bites/rabies
- Youth violence
- Affordable care sign-up materials
- Benefit booklets, claims letters, welcome letters, and explanation of benefit forms
Our seasoned health education/health literacy team works closely with subject matter experts to create plain language, motivational, culturally appropriate, evidence-based materials.
Contact us to discuss your needs and how we can help you meet them: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our rewrite/design services
Do you have print or web-based materials that you’d like reviewed for readability and usability? Call us for a free assessment. We will let you know:
- Your document’s grade level
- Its suitability for the intended audience
- Areas where we can help you make your materials easier to read and easier to use for your intended audience
We offer this initial phone assessment free of charge for your first document. If we believe your document could be improved, we’ll provide a quote for doing that. Rewrite
We can edit and/or rewrite your document so it follows effective plain language and health literacy principles and is easier for your intended audience to read and understand. Redesign — print and web
Our skilled designers bring over 20 years’ experience as creative directors and are formally trained in plain language graphics techniques.
Print: We design your document so it is more inviting and useful. The truth is, if your piece doesn’t look easy to read – your readers probably won’t read it! We get your document ready for print, and can obtain print bids and oversee production.
Web: We create easy-to-navigate websites that comply with Section 508 requirements. And of course, we conduct usability studies with your end-users. Photos/graphics
Using appropriate photos or graphics can enhance comprehension. They can increase the visual appeal of your document, leading to greater likelihood that your intended audience will actually read it.
We can help you find that perfect photo for your material:
- We can organize and conduct photo shoots to meet your unique needs. We secure the site, hire the models, set up the lighting, and set up shots for our professional photographer. Our photo stylist makes sure the shots follow effective health literacy guidelines. Cost for this is probably less than you think. Contact us to discuss.
- Or, if you are working with stock houses, we can help you choose photos that follow health literacy guidelines, represent members of your intended audience, and highlight desired behaviors.